Tuesday, April 3, 2007

cha-ching!

At this time i have been unemployed for over a month. But as it turns out I don't actually need a job. Yesterday I went to the bank to deposite a refunded rent check and to look at the status of my poorness. But to my delight and surprise I had about a thousand dollars more than i thought possible. 'but how?' I asked the peppy teller. she printed me out a record of all activity and it all seemed to match up with my fuzzy memory of spendings and winnings. I came up with two possibilities. One: I do math at a preschool level. And two: I have what is commonly known as a 'money fairy.' It is a similar idea to the childs mythological 'tooth fairy' only the money fairy is real and not nearly as cheap, nor does she ask for anything in return. I'm so honored to have been chosen to sit on my ass and take advantage of her generous spirit. Thanks Money Fairy! Keep up the good work.

1 comment:

Alia said...

For one, you deserve a money fairy. My advice is to stop thinking about how you can work for someone else, and start scheming! What can you buy and sell for double or triple what you paid? What expensive service can you provide others with at no financial cost to yourself? Who OWES you? What services are you currently providing for free which you should be charging for? What free things could you scrounge and then sell on ebay/craigs list? Your too pretty and smart to get all dirty working hard. Take a rest and start scheming!