Tuesday, April 10, 2007

parade of normalcy

I was recently verbally assaulted by a pale skinny woman on one of my days out and about in polite society. She was screaming the dangers of Johnny Cocheran at me which i did not appreciate. 'What ever happened to 'Good Crazy?' I asked myself. I have fond memories of being stopped by a smiling smelly man who just wants to take you out dancing or read you some poetry. It always provided me with just enough of a flavour of 'the street' to remind me that I was in a diverse town. But this lady left a bad taste in my mouth. Why must she rain on my parade of normalcy with her insane chatter? Doesn't she know that it's really disturbing? And why can't she take a lesson from the happy, well adjusted outcasts of society?
In closing, I would like to take a moment to personally thank the vagrants who make us smile. And to the vagrants who frighten us, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

No comments: