Tuesday, February 20, 2007

'business casual' doesn't get you shit

It's pouring down rain today, because God likes it when I am inconvenienced. My walk to work was less than pleasent. So for that i will contribute to global warming. Take that! Oh who am I kidding? I don't drive. I can't globally warm anything. Except for hearts of course. Speaking of warming hearts, I had a job interview yeaterday! It was for a swanky coffee place. I got all dressed in my finest "business casual" (tasteful sweater and some very minimalistic jewelery). I devoured that interview like a carcas! Unfortunately I have no barista experience (unless of course you count the meticulous wisdom from my mother. you know, adjusting the grind according to the barometric pressure.) but she was looking for someone who could do'latte art' a.k.a 'the fun part.' She only had a week to train someone in the art of the latte and thats just not enough time for someone with no experience. So I told her to suck my fat one and walked out. But it's fine because I have today and tomorrow of work at the gallery so I'm totally covered. I'm sad. I can feel the poverty sinking in. Looks like I'm just gonna have to get out there and shake my money maker. Thats right. Stripping.

2 comments:

Alia said...

You're too pretty to be lost behind a counter. Go out and shake it where everyone can see you. Shake it like Shakira does.

Laine said...

I can leave a comment! I'm doing it right now! comment comment comment! Where are you (I know you're in Eugene, I'm just so damn excited right now!!!) I need to check my email...are you on Lopez right now? I'm confused and overstimulated. Your blog is hilarious. I love you Uncle Buckets 'O' Ham!! (it doubles as a hobo name AND a stripper name. Lucky!)